Learn about the assessments, practices, and know-how that supported ARC’s beginning. These resources offer ARC 101 for communities or anchors that want to begin this work in their region.
- Where did we begin - A summary of The Democracy Collaborative's ARC Assessment that highlights areas of opportunity for ARC in the East Bay.
- How do we govern - ARC Organizational Chart shows the structure of our collaboration.
- Who is at our table - ARC Steering Committee Roster 2020-2021
- What is our theory of change - ARC Logic Model illustrates what we do and how that gets us to our vision.
- What have we achieved
- ARC Timeline highlights the history of ARC and key milestones in our first five years of work together.
- Year in Review 2020 updates to our broader network about our work in 2019 and early 2020
- Latest news: Celebrating the opening of the Union City Culinary Center January 2021
Explore ARC’s evaluation process, findings, and analysis, and access research from our partnering organizations. Learn the newest ideas on leveraging anchor institutions to build inclusive and sustainable local economies.
Materials about how ARC came to be: foundational learning and reports, webinars, and lessons learned.
- ARC Overview and Summary for Anchors - July 2020
- ARC Logic Model
- ARC Lessons Learned - 2017
- ARC East Bay Case Study - 2017
- Formative research - TDC Assessment Complete and TDC Assessment Summary
Materials that cover how ARC governs itself. In the near term, we will be adding templates and guides for those interested in replicating ARC in their own community.
Regional Food System
Materials and resources specific to our first ARC project--shifting to a regional, sustainable, and equitable food system. It includes realizing the elements core to our mission, frames we use for evaluation and assessment, and more.
- Case Studies
- Food Assessments
- Regional Food System Logic Model
- Evaluation: List of indicators for measuring progress of FSP's Union City Culinary Center and impacts on the regional food system
- HCWH Sustainable Purchasing Guidelines
- HCWH ProCureWorks
- HCWH Healthy Food In Health Care
- HCWH Community Benefit Healthy Food Playbook
- CleanMed 2020 Virtual Session: Building community health and resilience beyond COVID-19, with presentation slides.
- Public Learning Sessions
From Our Partners & Around the World
At the center of ARC is equity, partnership, and collaboration. These are resources from our partners who are regularly engaged at our ARC table to advance our mission, and those of our partners who have been foundational and inspirational for us.
- Alameda County Circular Economy for Food report
- Cleveland Clinic and Evergreen Cooperatives
- The Democracy Collaborative - Leaders in the anchor space especially with a lens on community wealth building. They have produced pivotal research over the years including
- Mondragon Corporation - A corporation and federation of worker cooperatives--one fo the largest in the world--based in the Basque region of Spain.